Beijing Information Science & Technology University
Enrollment Guide for Foreign Undergraduates
I. Majors and Educational System
Our university offers 39 different majors,(For more detailed information, please refer to the "Bachelor Degree Programs") which are available for students worldwide. Students can expect to spend 3-6 years in their chosen field. All majors are taught in Chinese.
II. Applicant Qualifications
1. Applicants should be between the age of 18 and 39. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a high school diploma and transcripts exhibiting satisfactory academic performance. (according to the document of identity cognizance from Ministry of Education)Applicants who will be under the age of 18 as of September 1, 2017, must provide the original copy of the notarized legal guardian form, issued by Notary Public Office in Beijing.
2. Applicants should be in good health.
III. Application Materials
1. A completed Beijing Information Science & Technology University (BISTU) Application Form for International Students.
2.Copy of high school diploma or school attendance certificate of college. Copies of the certificates of final diploma (original should be shown, when you arrive at school); graduates should provide expected graduation certificate.
3. Transcript: the applicant’s transcript current as of the most recent semester (original or copy, in English or Chinese). Those students who have not yet completed high school must provide the document, which shows expected graduation date. Once completed, the applicant must provide the copy of high school diploma. (When you arrive at school. Please shows us the original one)
4. A copy of the applicant’s passport’s front page and visa or residential permit page.
5. The copies of guarantor’s valid documents (passport or ID card).
6. The applicant who has passed the HSK4 exam should provide the copy of the HSK4 certificate (if applicable). This is required for the applicant to waive the Chinese language classes and enter directly into the major program study.
7. Four passport photos with a white background.
8.Application fee: 500 RMB.
1.Scholarship applicants are required to submit Application Form for Beijing Government Scholarship Beijing Information Science & Technology University
2.Applicants who received a student visa from another university in China.
(1) Must provide a letter of release upon checking in at BISTU (signature and seal) .
(2) Completed teacher’s recommendation form.
(3)A copy of the applicant’s passport’s front page and visa or residential permit page.
3. The application materials and application fee will NOT be refunded.
IV. Application Process
1.Form of application
Applicants may choose one of following methods to apply for undergraduate program at BISTU.
Method 1: Online application. The applicant can apply from BISTU’s College of International Education’s website (http://cie.bistu.edu.cn). Click the button labeled "Apply Now" and fill in the information.
Method 2: The applicant may download and complete the application form for international students and email it to our mailbox.
Method 3: Submit the application materials in written form
Application materials may be submitted in person, by third parties, or by mail (Please check the address below).
2. Review materials and supplement
The university reviews the application materials. The applicant should also submit additional documents by requirement of the university.
Once accepted, the applicant should go for an interview according to the school notice. If the applicant can not arrive school, the interview will be held by remote video.
4. Admission notification
The university confirms the list of intended students and sends the letter of admission and Visa Application for Study in China(JW202). (please indicate the method which you want to receive these documents, making certain to include your contact details)
V. Application deadline
BISTU accepts applications throughout the year. The deadline for the scholarship application is June 30, 2017.
VI. Tuition and Accommodation Fees
Tuition fee: 20,000 RMB / academic year
Accommodation: 12,000 RMB / academic year (shared room)
1.The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship: remit tuition fee of one academic year
20,000 RMB/person/academic year (must be reapplied for annually)
2. The Beijing Municipal Government “One Belt, One Road” Scholarship
Admission Requirements: the applicant must be from one of the eligible “One Belt, One Road” countries listed below. (see attachment one)
These majors qualify to receive the Beijing Municipal Government “One belt, One Road” scholarship: Computer Science and Technology, Software Engineering, Network Engineering, Information Management and Information Systems, Information Security, Electronic Business, International Trade, International Business and so on.
Amount of Beijing municipal “One Belt, One Road” scholarship:
full amount: 20,000 RMB/person/academic year, amount of partial scholarship: 10,000 RMB/person/academic year,
Quota:13 - 15 people,
Length: 4 years. (Students must reapply for the Beijing Municipal Government “One Belt, One Road” Scholarship each year.)
VIII. Visa application
Admitted students must submit the “Admission letter” and “Visa application form for foreign students in China”（JW202) issued by the school to the Chinese embassy in host country to apply for a student visa and go to the College of International Education to apply for a foreigner residence permit.
IX. Contact details
Address: Room 206/219, The College of International Education, Beijing Information Science and Technology University, No.35 Beisihuan Middle Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Working hours: Monday --- Friday, 08:30 ---- 16:30
Tel: +86(10)64884658 / 64879372-8206
E-mail: cie@ bistu.edu.cn
The List of 64 “One Belt, One Road” Countries
1) 11 countries from Southeast Asia: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Brunei, Philippines, East Timor
2) 7 countries from South Asia: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal and Bhutan
3) 6 countries from Central Asia: Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan
4)18 countries from West Asia: Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, the united Arab emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Armenian, Georgia, Azerbaijan
5) 16 countries from Central and Eastern Europe: Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Czech republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Macedonia.
6) 4 countries from the Commonwealth of the Independent States: Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova.
7) Mongolia, Egypt